Monday, February 2, 2009

"Roller Coaster"

When did I purchase tickets for this "Roller Coaster" I call my life??

Waking up in the morning yesterday, knowing it was going to be a powerful Sunday. I knew that this Sunday, was going to reach new heights, on multiple occasions. I knew this Sunday, would contain my boy "Swift" singing one of the most powerful songs I have ever heard at Revolution Church. I knew this Sunday would consist of my story, told by Karen and myself. On video, shown on a multiple screens. I knew this Sunday would be like no other. The number of people that our "story" our "testimony" reach is getting bigger and bigger. 13 people gave there lives to God yesterday. Including my mom, I am almost positive. Haven't talk to her about it , yet. But I will. I knew that yesterday was going to be so powerful and awesome, and it did not disappoint.

So why then, if yesterday was so incredible. Why is today so miserable? Why is it today, that God decided to let me finally realize that this is never going away. This is my life for the rest of my life. My daughter will always be gone, till I die. I will not see her again, till I die. I don't know why it is taking this long for me to realize this. So, I am all scatter brained right now and can't get my thoughts together, so I will continue this later.

P.S.
We are ordering 200 shirts for "Run For Reagie" Guns and Hoses 5k. Sign up for Guns and Hoses here:
http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1645031&assetId=1de50130-2ecc-40fc-84a9-4eef0e0ff6e3
The shirts will be $20 each and will go towards the Reagan Newman Memorial Fund. Please leave a comment to let us know if you want one, and the size you need.

God,
Please Father, I come to you in complete Faith that you will Bless me with understanding of your will. So that I can not live out my own will. Father, I can not do this life with out you, I do not have the strength. With you I am strong enough, with you, I have guidance, and direction. Father, help me to be the man my wife deserves and needs to guide the family spiritually, financially, and emotionally. I love you, I thank You, and I know I am nothing with out you.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Kevin, and the man you have become. I know Tori is rejoicing in Heaven. She knows you will be there and she is enjoying teaching your little girl. I never thought I would have to write this.
    You never want anyone to experience the loss of a child. I know the pain.
    I just can't wait to see my daughter.
    Homesick is one of my favorite songs.
    My heartfelt sympathy is with you and your family. Thank you LORD that our pain is temporary, and ETERNITY IS FOREVER. I read your Blog, and cried... I just wish I could take your pain. You never want anyone to feel such loss. GOD is going to use you in a mighty way. Be ready for the plan, Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
    That was in Tori's prayer card at her funeral. 6-29-82---12-25-02.
    Thank you for coming to her funeral, and I wish I would have know about your daughter sooner.
    May God Bless you and your family for your faithfullness.
    In Christ we serve. Amen
    All my love,
    Victoria Angel-one

    ReplyDelete